Deerfield High School
Special Education Teacher Assistant
March 2012 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Special Education at Deerfield High School
• Worked with post high school special needs students in a transitional life-skills program.
• Taught responsibility and discipline for future real world experiences.
• Collaborated with classroom teachers and followed their implemented lesson plans
• Followed student IEP’s and incorporated correct modifications that were outlined In IEP’s
• Stayed patient and persevered with teaching students who experienced difficulty in a particular area of learning
• Used appropriate discipline as directed by the teacher and school
• Used positive reinforcement to encourage positive behavior and outcomes
•Effectively teaching students of varied academic/age levels and diverse backgrounds
•Communicate with teachers, administrators and parents
•Build a positive rapport with students.
•Kept positive and efficient Classroom Management & Discipline
•Closely adhered to lesson plans
•Kept students motivated, engaged and focused.
• Director of a After School Program (ASP) of fifty K-8 students and manage a paid staff of nine
• ASP provides a safe place for children to attend after school, where they do homework, are provided with tutoring, play games, attend music programs, and take part in arts and crafts
• Everyday communication with student’s teachers and parents about progress in school as well as in the our program
• Sunday School Superintendent – Oversee all Sunday School operations and perform 15-25 minute lessons to children
• Director of Summer Day Camp of 140 campers, and manage a paid staff of fifteen and a volunteer staff of 20 young teenagers
• Youth Group leader of thirty teenagers, ages 13-17. Teach/Lead a Bible study, and plan community service projects and fun activities for our youth to participate and fellowship in.
• Director and Coach of a Basketball League that provides a place for kids ages 9-13 to learn the fundamentals of basketball while learning to be competitive and maintain good sportsmanship
• Help with the distribution of clothes and toys to needy children and families during the Christmas season
• Oversee and supervise all twenty-seven youth programs that provide outreach to our community, which helps to build relationships with children and their families, giving them the opportunity to learn more about the Christian faith.
• 8th grade U.S. History, modeling and encouraging respectfulness, cooperative learning
experiences, creativity, responsibility, and general enjoyment by making history exciting
• Participation in Faculty Team efforts to improve individual and student learning processes.
• Educated eight special education inclusion students as well as a blind student.
• Assisted support staff with modifying lessons and tests for RTI, and special education students according to their IEP’s
• Created differentiated lessons that enhanced student learning and promoted critical thinking
• Created classroom environment that was comfortable for students to learn
• Reflective practitioner with adjusting teaching methods based on classroom demographics
• Incorporated technology in many lessons to enhance the lesson and improve interaction between the material be taught and students