VNL (Vihaan Networks Ltd. - Shyam Telecom Group)
Head, Marketing & Communications
April 2009 — Present
Responsible for Brand Management, Creative Direction, Conventional & Digital Marketing for the Shyam Telecom Group of companies, focusing on the worldwide marketing for selected global divisions (VNL, Shyam Telecom, Shyam Networks) and the domestic Indian marketing for other divisions (Ubico, Citycom and Spectranet).
• Responsibilities include client interaction, managing relationships, managing the team, providing them with guidance and mentorship, manage their growth, co-ordination with the product development team, ensuring updated marketing strategy and plan according to the product growth and ensuring timely delivery of committed tasks.
• Trade Shows: Manage both B2B and consumer marketing through international and domestic trade shows in Singapore, Jakarta, New Delhi, Moscow, Rio de Janiero, Sao Paulo, Abuja, Cape Town, Cairo, Nairobi, Geneva, Yangon, and Barcelona.
• Advertising: Responsible for all online and off-line advertising, public relations, launch of new companies, products and sales channels; Building new brands, re-brand and upgrade content, web sites and collateral.
• Website Development & Management: Oversee web analytics and grow Internet marketing campaigns, design audience profiling strategies. Developed requirements documents, designed user interface, reposition and rebrand.
• Packaging: Plan, research and produce VNL and Shyam Networks shipping & packaging components to international standards.
• Social Media Marketing: Additionally produced plans for aggressive social media programs developed for an International audience, involving social media etiquette, cultural issues in online relationship building, training on determining ROI for all media programs.
• Film & Photography: Wrote film briefs, and directly managed and directed various corporate films and media teams. I managed shoots with photographers and I myself have shot extensively in India and abroad for various marketing and advertising programs.