Bridgeport Hospital Center for Geriatrics & Bridgeport Hospital Emergency Department
November 2013 — Present
• Prepares schedules, charts, and billing encounter forms for patients daily
• Answer multi lined phones, retrieve and distribute messages
• Schedule appointments, and register patients
• Set up exam rooms
• Collect co-payments, open, reconcile, and close daily time of service batches
• Participate in the coordination of department activities, including but not limited to insurance verification, eligibility, authorization and referrals as required by payer. Routine medical record and departmental filing
• Utilizes office equipment as necessary, including proper use as per instructions, following practice policy and procedures for office equipment
• Perform all functions required to bring a patient's account to a closed status. Maintain front end edits as represented in policy and procedures.
• Check for narcotic and hospice scripts to distribute to providers
• Prepare faxes and confirmations for scanning
• Performed Cognitive Assessments and patient care with the Geriatric Emergency Medical Staff in the Emergency Room at Bridgeport Hospital
• Assist in Geriatric Assessment Program appointments vital Patients, medication reconciliation, and cognitive testing.
• Assist in Shared medical visit sessions.
• Assist with minor technical issues with office equipment.
• Ordering office equipment and supplies.
• Prepare and Assist Credentialing Applications for Doctors.
• Provide Licensing and Liability insurance information to facilities.
• Get Census of Patients at the extended care facilities.
• Assist Doctor and APRN at extended care and assisted living facilities.