Diageo Asia Pacific
Global Travel Director, Australasia
March 2011 — Present
Global Travel Retail is a substantial and growing business for Diageo, with a combined profit contribution of £120m, positioning us as the fourth largest Diageo business unit worldwide. The channel consists of Airports, Airlines and Cruise Liners.
The role leads a team of 40+ that operates across Australia, New Zealand & the South Pacific, delivering the annual commercial performance for the region through the development and implementation of compelling marketing and retail strategies. Key to this is a harmonized approach to the management of global accounts DFS, LS Travel Retail and Qantas, driving this as best practice and ensuring the establishment of an effective and simplified way of working.
• Financial - Achieve targets relating to visibility, net sales value, trading profit, market share, promotions, depletions, inventories, footprint and account specific objectives.
• Market Complexity - Manages a business that operates within a multi-cultural, multi-national, multi- channel, multi-currency environment. Manages relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Operates in a highly competitive and highly visible travel retail environment, with an evolving requirement to understand the complex motivations of shoppers, consumers and customers.
• Leadership Responsibilities - Leads, coaches, develops a team of 6 direct reports (Marketing Managers, Commercial Finance Manager, Supply & Operations Manager, Supply Commercialisation Manager) and 38 Brand Ambassadors that report into the Marketing Managers.
• Successfully delivered double-digit NSV growth in F12, F13 and F14 YTD.
• Implemented a regional partnership agreement with James Richardson Duty Free & LS Travel Retail.
• Developed and delivered customer specific retail & marketing strategies through commercial plans and joined up business planning, resulting in a 18 month rolling plan.
• Developed and applied a range of shopper and consumer insights, to unlock growth opportunities with the Trans-Tasman travellers. Resulting in a market share increased from 32.1% to 35.3% MAT*(Aztec)
• Globally recognised & awarded for best in class innovation launch’s adopted by the Americas and European Diageo GTME businesses.
• Lead the development & implementation of local & region marketing strategies/platforms through the engagement of all agencies and partners to deliver a holistic 360-degree approach