Aston Students' Guild
Vice President of Finance, Media & Entertainment
June 2010 — June 2011
• Elected by the student population for a salaried sabbatical role to represent all Aston University students and work to enhance their student experience.
• Secured, managed and allocated an annual budget in excess of £500k
• Established new profitable ventures with external companies
• Regularly presented The Guild’s detailed financial accounts.
• Directed the overall Guild marketing strategy.
• Developed marketing publication skills, experience and knowledge by launching several major marketing campaigns.
• Encouraged the modernisation of the Guild’s marketing; launch of the Guild’s first twitter account & the rebranding of the Guild’s newspaper to a student magazine.
• Organised a financially successful “Freshers’ Week”; coordinating a team of 150+ volunteers, with daily events aimed to involve every single new student to Aston University.
• Organised regular internal events & external events, with popular themes and famous acts.
• Project Manager for the Guild’s largest venture – Astonbury (see under project section)
• Provided training and development as a mentor to a panel of part time officers, each with individual responsibilities.
• Oversaw the acquisition and relaunch of The Guild’s Bar.