Walt Disney World
ESPN Wide World of Sports - Sports Guest Service Management Intern
January 2014 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
ESPN Wide World of Sport - Sports Guest Operations Intern
• Managed hospitality events from the initial client contact and booking through planning client needs and overseeing event day proceedings.
• Built and revised event set maps in AutoCAD to promoter specifications.
• Directed fellow staff and contractors in carrying out event needs through the creation of work orders.
• Lead groups of professionals, tourists, and students through building tours specified to each group’s specific interests.
• Serve as Campus Representative Team Lead representing the Walt Disney Company and Theme Parks on the University of Florida Campus
• Create a detailed marketing plan, outlining the strategies and techniques used each semester to reach our target goals and numbers
• Communicate information about the Disney College Program Information Session to a 55,000 person student body through utilization of signage, email, social media, testimonial and other marketing tactics
• Coordinate tabling sessions, meetings and correspondence between the Campus Representative Team
• Coordinated with clients to discern needs for event services, operations, telecommunications, food and beverage, security, and transportation.
• Assisted in executing events in stadium, football, arena football and Illusions Theatre configurations. Created event staff instruction guides and detailed prospectuses.
• Oversaw event day operations, load in, and load out of the Alamodome’s largest event to date, George Strait’s the Cowboy Rides Away Tour coordinating production, promoter, and catering needs.
• Created 100 page Event Planning Guide for clients detailing facility configurations, rules, and services.
Venue Management School
• Facilitated course needs according to the Seminar Instructor in a class of 40 venue management professionals
• Employ creative techniques in fundraising for the IAVM Foundation
• Assisted the IAVM staff in Registration, Dine around Wheeling, and Sports Night functioned
Venue Connect 2012 and 2013
• Constructed, operated, and broke down the IAVM Foundation's Fundraising Auction
• Served as set up and support staff for the VenueConnect Career Resource Center
• Purchasing responsibilities including compiling a list of needed equipment, obtaining quotes, and following all mandatory purchasing and delivery requirements.
• Furthered the development of the Supervisor in Training program by streamlining training guidelines and creating detailed training documentation.
• Responsible for staffing usher and changeover supervisors, nominating employees for awards and distinctions, and general personal maintenance.
• Acted as a liaison to the administrative staff, security, technical, and floor divisions.
• Assisted in coordinating nationally recognized events for the City of Gainesville including the Downtown Festival and Art Show and Hoggetown Medieval Faire.
• Responsible for processing revenues, assembling sponsorship and media packages, assigning vendor booth locations, and processing applications.
• Served as liaison to 50 artists during the Downtown Festival and 25 vendors during the Medieval Faire
• Acquired skills in crisis management, crowd control, and human resources
• Created a safe and enjoyable dining experience for clients and guests
• Coordinated with venue staff to determine specifications for event proceedings
• Assembled and deconstruct the event decor pre and post event
• Manage crews of up to 40 student staff members for sporting and special events on usher and changeover crews
• Promote and train new supervisors
• Ensure that guest service, safety, and ADA standards are met
• Facilitate the planning, communication, and marketing for the annual Craft Festival
• Interview new O'Connell Center Student Assistant applicants
• Served as video production lead for Gator Growl 2012
• CPR Certification
Participated in usher, changeover, security and technical crews in a fast-paced, multipurpose complex.
• Tech 101 Informational Class
• Small PA Class
• Bomb Sweep Class
• Delivered exceptional service to a diverse guest population
• Worked at seven indoor and outdoor locations through out Epcot
• Responsible for maintaining an accurate and secure cash drawer at cash wrap and outdoor cash belt locations
• Accountable for providing immediate good or service recovery
• Multi-tasked between greeting, cash wrap, sales support, photographer and photo editor positions