Sanitary Service Company
Customer Service Associate
September 2013 — Present
Sanitary Service Company, Inc. (SSC) is Whatcom County’s largest recycling and garbage collection company, serving over 45,000 residential and commercial customers in Bellingham, Ferndale, Birch Bay, Blaine and the majority of unincorporated Whatcom County.
- Provide proactive communication with customers and clients via telephone, email, or regular mail.
- Extensive work at a computer workstation: emailing staff, customers, clients, and management.
- Taking inbound calls for orders, payments, disputes, billing questions, and general disposal questions.
- Resolving escalated or difficult issues regarding client complaints and other matters.
- Identifies and evaluates customer needs, priorities and explains services clearly and promptly responds to requests.
- Making outbound calls and emails to followup on orders, payments, and delinquent accounts.
- Addresses diverse matters, inquiries and consumer complaints.
- Managing front office duties: cashier, billing, credit card/ checking transactions, and disputes.
- Create work orders, adding PO Numbers and proper service routes for each driver and corresponding truck they are assigned to for that day of the week.
- Submit request for refunds through 'Core' system and print hard copy for processing.
- Word processing and computerized record keeping experience.