May 2013 — Present
Layer 4 Technology
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Layer 4 Technology
The Network Manager is responsible for the surveillance, control, and management of switched voice traffic completing to and from the Midwest, Southeast, and Southwest Regional switched network from incumbent local exchange carriers, CLEC’s, independent LEC’s and AT&T local service.
- Use various systems such as NTM and Session Manager to monitor the overall health and condition of the regional switches and trunk groups.
- Utilize Access 7 and NTP to monitor VoIP, mass calling, and exceeded engineering capacity events with traffic and call flows.
- Detect and take ownership of observed switching or trunk group/facility failures which block or prevent successful completion of traffic.
- Implement the appropriate network controls which will stop or minimize blockage and inhibit congestion.
- Create and refer WFA tickets to the appropriate AT&T maintenance center via the Trunking team.
- Create internal ticket for tracking and reporting purposes in the SDRS tool.
- Run a report in the Telnet Sessions of NTM to keep track of accumulated blockage and charge the appropriate entity with the failed call attempts.
- Refer incident to and interface with the appropriate far end entity (lec,clec, or independent lec) to determine cause and responsibility for network affecting incidents and estimated time or repair.
• Investigating and working with Translation center to correct code routing and translation issues.
• Writing and updating method and procedures documents.
• Setting call traps in the 5ESS and DMS switches.
• Reviewing trunk group data for provisioning and or decommissioning prior to a total or partial disconnect to ensure traffic will not be affected.
• Working with and advising TP&E when a trunk group appears to be undersized and might need to be augmented.
Morning Report Approval for entire group
• Monthly Reporting for all Regions-Work Drivers, Team Goals
• System Admin of team
• Handled customer inquiries via troubleshooting various wireless products
• Overseen a small/medium project or phases of a larger project.
• Coordinated activities of project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
• Became familiar with system's scope and project's objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member internally and externally, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
• Analyzed, communicated and resolved issues rose during the implementation project process.
• Prepared reports regarding status of projects.
• Enforced and tracked business unit issues, training requirements, and to communicate general "all hands" information.
• Handled Escalated situations with customers.
• Supervised the day-to-day activities of the center to ensure productivity, quality and regulatory service levels are met at a multi-state level.
• Ensured that methods and procedures are understood and followed through training and evaluation of performance. The position is located in a call center environment which is operational 24x7.
• Through strong leadership and communication skills developed career plans for all direct employees.
• Managed 15-30 subordinates that were in different sectors of the business.
• Understood and kept current with regulatory requirements, technological changes, and new products offered by AT&T.
• Became flexible as priorities change; possess a high level of teamwork, project management and organizational skills.
• Received knowledge of current HR policies and contract guidelines regarding non-management employees would be preferred.
• Supervised the overall daily operation of a store including hiring, discipline, and scheduling of employees to ensure cost effective and quality to Customer Service.
• Ensures customer satisfaction.