The Intercollegiate Finance Journal
Assistant Head of External Affairs
April 2015 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
• Researched the impact of youth engagement on social innovation in 112 Filipino start-ups by performing statistical analyses on 103 pages of qualitative and quantitative data to come up with viable candidates for further questioning
• Produced 70-page report outlining 11 potential investments for Ashoka Philippines by designing and conducting 29 interviews with Filipino social entrepreneurs to identify key skills and contexts that contributed to their success
• Marketed the Uber service and Uber products to over 1000 potential clients through various forms of social media and formal Uber events.
• Chosen to test drive a new pilot program of driver referrals for the Uber service.
• Coordinated 7 graphic designers and 3 photographers to produce 2 print publication magazines that reaches over 95,000 students including 14 college campuses.
• Designed creative spread layout solutions using InDesign that met the demands of the editorial and executive board.
• Liaised between editorial board and design team to ensure publication spreads were completed by time-sensitive deadlines.
• Selected as 1 of 10 participants nationwide for 1-day Internal Audit externship for high-achieving diverse talent based on leadership potential and academic success
• Analyzed Chase Bank’s Quick Pay and Quick Deposit programs for risk and control factors pertaining to programs’ security effectiveness and presented findings to 3 senior Internal Audit executives
• Drafted the business model that projected future costs for Tink|Knit, a student-run social venture that employs 20 single mothers to knit hats. The profits led to a 30%-100% increase in the single mother's monthly income.
• Researched and liaised with local and Bangladeshi garment factories to locate the lowest cost solution for knitting materials.
• Developed future expansion plans which would see profits rise by 13% from quarter 1 to quarter
• Initiated a pilot program that sold over 100 hats during the 2 month period, which generated revenues of more than $5000 (including funding).
• Coordinated social media marketing strategies, designed publicity materials, and managed sales and inventories.
• Sold 13 advertisements within Brown Daily Herald, Brown University's oldest student-run newspaper.
• Recruited team of 37 employees over 4 years to provide baked goods to 10 high schools and 217 individual clients
• Achieved 19% cost savings ($3,040) over 4 years by reducing excess inventory (-9%) and outsourcing delivery (-10%)
• Directed growing company and increased revenues from $1,000/year to $16,000/year (1500% increase) by overseeing 51 client negotiations, producing 113 client-specific pitch packages and managing social media platform of 3,647 followers
• Analyzed customer database for consumer patterns and created an proactive up-sale strategy to supplement reactive strategy.
• Taught team of 20 employees the up-sale strategy resulting in increased customer-producer interaction by 31%.
• Collaborated with 20 sales employees to initiate up-sale strategy program, increasing revenues by 23% over two months.
• Successfully coordinated dining events with CEO to increase brand awareness and expand consumer base by 17%.
• Directed a club of 50 students to hold awareness events and increase club funds to support acid burn rehabilitation services and psychological service for acid burn victims.
• Negotiated with local companies to establish sustainable sponsorship for ASF for the next 10 years to overcome a lack of funding issue.
• Forecasted future club costs and suggested cost-reducing strategies to decrease club expenditure by 11% in order to direct more funds towards treating acid burn victims.
• Successfully surpassed fundraising goal of $5000 by 29% through fundraising events and establishing funding sponsorships with local companies.