Entrepreneurship Leadership Media Technology Music Arts Philanthropy
Marketing Communications & Development
SYR | NYC | ATL , NY
Think: a Bordeaux with priceless flavor, a tender presidential steak under a cabana stating up at a sky as clear as the most- untouched corner of an ocean. A great marketing experience should feel that good, or close. I take measured risk to bring users and organizations into the happiest of engagements.
"There's a society of women - who know how to wear their head and their heels... Who believe in themselves because they realize others aren't required to."-Samantha Dawkins
The 'Sheryl Sandberg' of Marketing by Day and the 'Angelina Jolie' World Ambassador for Peace on the Weekends
Central New York Community Foundation
August 2013 — Present
Central New York Community Foundation encourages local philanthropy by supporting the growth of a permanent charitable endowment for the betterment of the region. The Community Foundation is the largest charitable foundation in the region with assets of more than $130 million. It awards close to $6.7 million in grants to nonprofit organizations annually and has invested more than $100 million in the community since its inception
• maintain email campaigns, online event registrations and electronic publications
• compile/writing newsletter articles, design layout and advertisements
• prepare press releases, social media messages and communicate through digital story-telling
Syracuse University Press
Editorial & Productions
May 2012 — Present
With more than 1,200 titles in print, the Press consistently earns international critical acclaim and attracts award-winning authors of specialized areas including New York State, Middle East Studies, Judaic Studies, Geography, Irish Studies, Native American Studies, Religion, Television and Popular Culture.
• format, review, prepare and proof manuscripts and reprints
• prepare estimates, CIP data, and support for special projects such as an online academic journal
• communicate with authors and editors to manage timelines and maintain production schedules
Communication in Mind (Private)
Owner, Marketing Consultant
November 2009 — Present
Communication in Mind is a private group connecting independent/freelance talent to businesses and organizations in need of print and communication solutions.
• manage online content, media and social media campaigns
• design information pamphlets, presentations, logos, etc.
• prepare internal communication audits and recommendations
Say Yes to Education
October 2011 — June 2012
The Say Yes Collegiate Preparatory Academy (SYCPA) is a holistic college access model designed to support SCSD high school students while they navigate the college selection process.
• coordinated arts workshops and counseled arts students on artist development opportunities
• created and reported on Individualized Academic Plans
• supervised tutors on-site and tutored ELA and History Content
Resilient Youth Lead
September 2008 — May 2012
The core mission of the Dunbar Association, Inc is to be a reliable advocate for youth, their pursuit of training and education and the families that support them. The Resilient Youth Program received funding from various funding sources to better prepare adolescents to enter the work force and/or institutions of higher learning.
• managed $49,000 budget for programming; reported to private, city and state funders
• created and pipe-lined academic and case-management referrals
• supervised: two staff, youth volunteer program and court volunteer program
• tracked social-emotional progress indicators for client-group while reducing “at-risk” indicators for over 60 drop-in inner-city youth via work placement, alternative-schooling and youth programming
Fall Workshop Web Producer
October 2008 — October 2008
The Photojournalism Fall Workshop produced by the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications annually documents a topic or community in Central New York.
• coordinated up to 50 photographers' content within team of web producers
• utilized content management system to edit, format and publish metadata and multimedia
Print / Online Editor
August 2005 — May 2007
Brenau University is a private, not-for-profit, undergraduate and graduate-level higher education institution with multiple campuses and online programs. The Alchemist, the student newspaper, transitioned to an online only publication between 2004 and 2005.
• managed deadlines
• recruited and managed writers, managing editors and advertisers
• edited content, designed layout and prepared PDFs for production
• trained staff in HTML and online content management tools
Mass Communication, Corporate Communication
Pending 2015 / Master of Arts, Magazine, Newspaper and Online Journalism