• Purchased electronic components, hardware, LED, and miscellaneous items.
• Established new, alternative sources of supply by identifying and investigating companies with desired product lines or where vendors and preferred suppliers are inadequate.
• Advised internal personnel regarding available products, order status and purchasing procedures.
• Coordinated with engineering manufacturing and quality control in planning purchases of material and parts.
• Sought veteran, minority, small, and women owned suppliers.
• Negotiated prices to ensure that purchases were made at the best price per unit.
• Worked with division and sub contracts personnel to evaluate bids and proposals from vendors.
• Complied with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Truth In Negotiations Act (TINA).
• Trained in AS9100 and ISO9001 quality systems.
• Root Cause Analysis and Corrective action trained.
• Assisted in rewriting work instructions and training manuals to accommodate for updates software systems and current processes and procedures.
• Assessed, charted and reported the materials department weekly and monthly metrics.
• General administrative support duties.