Head Of Software Development
October 2016 — Present
• Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
• Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
• Experience at advising key stakeholders at senior and board level
• To ensure your team help your staff develop, a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of each client
• To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
• To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
• To write clean and healthy structured, well documented code
• To build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
• To deliver code which is well tested and consistently error free
• A senior level software developer with strong and successful technical lead experience
• Experience of leading a team of developers
• A high level of SEO experience, specifically onsite optimisation, but also a full and broad
• To lead and manage a team of senior software developers and software developers. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating and performance managing the team
• To drive the strategic direction of our products and services taking into account emerging and legacy technologies.
• To strategically decide whether we can inherit existing /support legacy code bases – and how we handle our growing levels of software support.
• To use your experience when reviewing and auditing legacy code