Pacific Gas And Electric Company
Program Marketing Manager
April 2007 — September 2013
• 9+ years of complex, operational and outreach experience in customer assistance programs.
• Managed the collaboration and execution of program marketing delivery for various Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E) customer assistance state programs: California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE), Energy Savings Assistance Program, Community Help and Awareness for Natural Gas and Electricity Services (CHANGES) and Cooling Centers.
Executed program marketing and partnership development for $6MM Marketing, Evaluation & Outreach delivery. Held responsibility for program marketing – analyzed customer segment, optimized and co-designed outreach strategies.
• Reached 88% (1,386,070 out of 1,574,844) penetration goal of CARE eligible customers through implementation and management of program marketing and outreach initiatives.
• Developed and maintained over 150 community-based partnerships, working with local governments and non-profits to deliver assistance to targeted customers throughout 70,000 square miles service area which included monthly newsletters, toll-free line, site visit, event participation and recognition luncheon. These partnerships resulted in almost 30,000 enrollments.
• Coordinated and managed over 500 community events for program awareness throughout service area with internal departments and external partners.
• Partnered with over ethnic owned media outlets (television, radio and print) to promote low-income programs in diverse communities.
• Worked with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), Investor-Owned Utilities (IOUs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) and managed $648,000 for the CHANGES program to provide limited English proficient consumes an in-language education, need and dispute resolution, and outreach program for energy matters throughout PG&E’s service area.
• Implemented, executed and managed CARE Employee Involvement initiative which included paycheck inserts to current employees and retirees, partnerships with employee associations, events at various company sites and e-newsletters. These efforts resulted in over 2,800 new enrolled customers and greater employee engagement.
• Coordinated and facilitated installation of ADA compliant kiosks in over 70 PG&E local offices and managed initiative with quarterly communication and end of year incentives for top three offices. This initiative resulted in almost 100,000 enrollments.