American Red Cross, Detroit NTL
Medical Lab Technician II
August 1988 — February 2014
Over 25 years of experience working as a Medical Lab Tech in a laboratory setting. Managing workload with minimal assistance, including testing failure recovery. Performed ACA 's and on the job training. Served as Supervisor Designee.
• Perform manual and automated blood bank testing.
• Have extensive experience with PK 7100, PK 7200, and PK 7300 (Beckman Coulter, auto analyzer), the Galileo(auto analyzer), and Hatichi 717 instrumentation .
• Experience in antibody screening, both manual and automated procedures. CMV and RPR testing, and sickle cell testing.
• Perform complex triglycerides testing, with multiple pipetting techniques. Ensure results are documented concurrently and reviewed in a timely manner.
• Operate and maintain laboratory equipment including spectrophotometer, cell washer, centrifuge, and hemocue instrument.
• Troubleshoot instrumentation, identify and timely report adverse reactions or deviations.
• Compile with all applicable federal laws, regulations, current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), manufacturer's instructions, and American Red Cross policies and procedures.
• Prepare and perform proficiency testing, including CAP surveys.
• Ensure reviewing of critical elements of the test assay prior to and during the performance of the test. Have IPR/FOR process of review.