Level 3 Communications (formerly tw telecom)
Senior Account Director
Reporting to the Senior Sales Director of National Enterprise Sales for named accounts, lead business development and sales campaigns into Fortune 1000 companies. The first of 40 National Account Managers recruited to establish robust and lasting relationships with key decision makers, executive leadership, and technical leaders in support of the client’s business. Manage strategy, remote sales people, and support team for the Level 3 services into select accounts including Ericsson, PepsiCo, NEC America, JC Penney, and Pier 1.
• Won business over incumbent provider for major retailers, 600 locations, through the development of sales and collaboration strategy positioning Level 3 at all levels to understand client drivers. Resulted in winning the business and negotiating a $4.3M minimum revenue commitment over 24 months.
• Created non-standard product offering by working with engineers and product management to develop a solution for driving approvals from all stakeholders within Level 3 while communicating with the client on technical requirements, resulting in a trusting relationship with the client, further strengthening the business over time.
• Designed a complex solution for a global manufacturer requiring non-standardized budget approvals and construction to guarantee the client’s business and data integrity resulting in a highly successful out-of-the-box solution that reduced risk and enabled disaster recovery.
• Increased presence and total spend with current customers by establishing unique opportunities with prospective clients and closed sales resulting in $1M+ in new revenue in the first nine months and achieved 100% of installed services quota for first year sales.
• Attained 100% club in 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2015 and in 2008 attending Summit of Leaders recognition trip.