Senior Design Engineer
January 2008 — Present
Work in conjunction with the Tech Center in Pittsburgh and with Las Piedras, PR. facility Design team.
Support manufacturing in order to prevent any issues on the products that affects its functionality.
Lab product testing in thermal, mechanical and magnetic programs to prevent any type of failures in the products and create corrective and preventive actions.
Sample witnessing and testing for the UL and CSA programs done at the Beaver, Belmont and Arecibo labs.
Responsible of any type of test at the Haina RPD MetLab and coordinate the lab work to support the PLS engineers on sample testing and data analysis.
MetLab Technicians supervisor.
• Provide technical support in the design of the products for manufacturing, marketing and engineering departments.
• Plan and participate in the development of existence product lines and new products.
• Provide technical details for design decisions and changes on products for manufacturing, reducing costs, substituting materials, improving quality and adjusting the customer’s needs.
• Plan and execute design strategies that minimize the cycle time of implementations, coordinating the cost with other departments, maximizing the use of information and resources.
• Give support on UL and CSA certifications.
• Reduce Nonconformance’s.
• Assure and measure daily results based on the business goals.
• Certify products comply with customer’s parameters.
• Met Lab with the intention of running different type of test, support internal and external customers, validate products, new test equipment development.
• Provide reliable data of products tested at the MetLab
• Supervise Metlab Technicians
• Coordinate jobs
• Do performance evaluation for employees.