U-Haul of Western MA
AFM Area Field Manager / District Certifier
May 2009 — November 2013
Under the direction of the marketing company president, an AFM is to effectively and economically service U-Haul dealerships and U-Haul equipment on a routine and timely basis, so as to achieve optimum productivity.
The duties of an AFM include:
• Continuously prospecting new and existing businesses as possible U-Haul dealerships.
• Supplying, auditing, inspecting and evaluating each dealership on their route on the effectiveness of promoting, personal selling, servicing and accounting for all U-Haul equipment at the dealership location.
• Working a Business Plan with the marketing company president (MCP), traffic control manager (TCM), reservation managers (RMs) and repair shop managers to ensure maximum equipment utilization and dealer productivity.
• Educating dealers on all necessary principles, strategies, policies, programs, procedures and standards established by U-Haul Marketing.
• Using the Dealer Service Report (DSR) as a tool to provide motivation and leadership.
• Establishing and maintaining good business relationships with dealers and community leaders.
• Working with various U-Haul team members to collect bad debts and resolve zoning problems.
• Being a self-starter and a motivator to ensure that established U-Haul objectives are met.
. Able to assure equipment has been inspected for all 5K 10K 15 K ect inspections to meet Federal DOT regulation strict equipment safety inspections.