The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Manager, Ecommerce Technologies
July 2015 — Present
- Lead new technology projects and the development of new features online, managing priorities and stakeholders effectively to deliver work on time and to budget.
- Act as project coordinator, business project manager, and business analyst (working with ecommerce team and outside vendors) on developing new site features and improving functionality on existing features.
- Responsible for the day to day management, development and maintenance of all aspects of technology supporting the Met Store ecommerce website and its operations. This includes the ecommerce platform itself, online personalization, testing, UGC tools, Google Analytics and other reporting platforms.
- Manage team responsible for content, production, and SEO, ensuring all products and content are set up with SEO in mind, reviewed for quality and accuracy, and published according to schedule.
- Manage ongoing development of online user experience, identifying potential improvements based on new technologies and opportunities. Optimize navigation and usability of site features, content, and design, taking into account market need, competition, and operational concerns.
- Oversee the day to day performance of the ecommerce platform, working with the platform provider to ensure speed and uptime are maintained at optimal levels.
- Manage the online QA process for all platform upgrades, bug fixes, and new web development; create test plans as required, ensuring that all aspects of web technology are tested, that bugs are prioritized and fixed in a timely manner and that work goes live on schedule.
- Work internally with IT department to manage and implement technical and process improvements to back-end systems and integrations.