June 2007 — Present
Mechanic with more than 10 years of experience, seeking an opportunity to relocate to M2 Services at Red River Army Depot. A seasoned mechanic professional with strong mechanical skills.I have knowledge of building cylinder heads for all types of vehicles RRAD provides for its comstumers. Vehicles include, but not limited to,HMTT trucks, HET trucks, CAT engines (both the C-15 and C-7), Cummings engines (903,250.also the 400), Bradley tank engines,and the PLS engines. I have polished cams for these engines as well as reworked the rods for them also. I have many years experience on the depot that will bring vaule to the shop I currently work in.
My daily task include but not limited to: testing cylinder heads for cracks and determing if the material is re-workable or needs to be salvaged. Also, I can test the injector tubes to see if they need to be replaced, and replace them if nessacery. Cleaning and resurfacing material so that it is in the best quality condition for the engine. Removal and installation of valve guides. Using a Serdi machine I am able to cut the seats in a cylinder head making the seat true to be able to hold vaccum and run properly. I install vavles, seals, and all parts to rebulid the cylinder head. I also grind valves making the surface smooth and true for the install into the valve guides. I test springs and determine if they are good or need to be salvaged. I pull a vacuum test to check the head making sure it is suitable for the engine, if the vacuum fails, I determine what the problem is and fix it. I also have polished cam shafts for the engines and also re-work the rods, I hone the rods as well as torcing and reassemble.
Skilled in the re-work of all aspects of production and product support operations.
* Earned a reputation as a valuable and cooperative coworker by: being fair, honest, and willing to help others when needed; effective with policy and operations and arrive on time for my shift. I am able to work freely with no supervison and get production finished in a timely manner.
* Hard-working, goal-oriented, perfectionist, and a team player.
* Offering 10 years of mechanical experience.
* Extremely motivated and focused.
* Extremely analytical and inventive. Consistently came up with unique solutions to mechanical problems.