Tendering & Sales Manager
January 1998 — July 2010
Planning, direction and follow up of Tendering Plan for Projects requirements. Duties and Scope of work as per the following:
• Responsible for preparing, auditing, maintaining and distributing all budgets for all construction projects, preparing bid forms, sending plans, updating short list for vendor/ suppliers/sub contractors data base. Reviewing conditions of Tenders to ensure submiting comprehensive pricing, acting as back-up support to on-site purchasing administration.
• Identify and subsequently evolve a set of systems & processes (including tender database) applicable to the Group and its constituent trading entities for the management of tender bids.
• Managing, planning, budgeting and cost controlling Tenders Department activities
• Prepare and control projects overall tendering plan to achieve the goals
• Manage and control tendering team, teaching them tendering policies, company procedures and providing technical training.
• Negotiate with the suppliers/manufacturers for their quotations and ensure that the price estimates by the supplier/manufacturers are within the acceptable target prices based on previous bids and information obtained for the current tender.
• Perform market research and source new projects & vendors with high experience in market prices and suppliers negotiations. Having a special experience in all finishes works and material all over the world in all fields with a continuous update for new brands, materials and vendors.
• Create regular management reports, including monthly Board reports, analysing opportunity generation, bid and tender and Purchase Orders, win/loss rates and feedback from post-tender reviews.
• Building up relationship with clients by clear communication of the requirements and seek resolution on issues in a timely manner.