CoFounder, Product Marketing
Sports are all about the experiences fans partake in with their friends and family. We wanted to create an À la carte sports app that allowed fans to share their experiences with whom they please, in real-time, no matter where they may be around the world. SportOn is simple, it’s elegant, and it’s the first full-featured sports messaging app.
• Actively involved from idea/prototype stages to shipping the product on iOS and Android platforms. Developed feature specs to fit our target user personas, and worked with our designer(s) and developers to build the best UI/UX experiences.
• Project managed an off shore development team, while using JIRA, Slack and Trello to project manage and assign issues/tickets.
• Post launch, helped SportOn grow at a 4% rate every week with little to no marketing budget ($150/month).
• Built an online social footprint on all major social media platforms, and engaged with potential users on various platforms and forums to turn them into users. Helped drive Facebook following to 4,500+ likes, Instagram to 2800+ followers, and Twitter to 2000+ followers.
• Helped SportOn achieve first page rankings on Google Search for the keywords: “sports chat” and “sports social” apps.
• Launched Google AdWord Universal App Install Campaigns and Targeted Facebook App Install Campaigns, which helped bring in close to 5,000 users over the course of a month, on a limited budget.
• Used SEM and Paid Social to make users aware of SportOn, which led to it being featured on ProductHunt during the 2016 NFL SuperBowl as one of Top 15 must have apps for the big game. We were also featured on India.com, which has a 500,000 readership. Business Of Apps featured SportOn as The Most Innovative Sports App to keep an eye on for 2015-2016.
• Developed product and feature set videos to upload on YouTube and to showcase SportOn in action.