People, places, new things, anything tech. I love seasons, pantones, trends, and emerging forms of communication (Snapchat!)
Los Angeles, CA
I am a solution strategist, cheerleader, motivator, and magical human made of star dust. But before I discovered this, and prior to starting my own coaching business, I was the Director of Marketing for Sage Goddess. In 18 months we grew the company over 100% and my team and I launched successful digital marketing cam...
One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight, for a very long time, of the shore. - Andre Gide
Coaching entrepreneurs to success.
Spark 44/Jaguar USA
June 2013 — May 2014
• Oversaw paid social media opportunities; coordinated with media buying agency for timing and targeting of all social digital buys.
• Increased social audiences by 27%, increased direct engagement with fans and cut down response times by half in first six months.
• Transitioned the brand tone to match the 2014 Super Bowl campaign: British Villains. Led staff of 10 people on the day of the Super Bowl Exceeded response goals by four fold.
• Responsible for curating digital assets via original photo shoots, acquiring fan content, utilizing available media assets, etc.
Marketing and Public Relations Manager
April 2010 — February 2013
• Established Sanuk’s first email marketing campaigns; grew the bottom line by 5% with strategic email outreach.
• Interfaced with local and national editors and bloggers as the company’s spokesperson and gained coverage in national and regional publications and blogs. Managed PR agencies BWR and MWW.
• Managed Sanuk’s social media on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Pinterest.
• Grew fan base across all platforms by more than tenfold.
Social Media Specialist
March 2009 — March 2010
- Tweeted daily on behalf of Boost Mobile, became the first line of communication for customers with service issues. Grew Twitter followers 30x’s to 8,000 in six months (@boostmobile).
- Engaged fans on Facebook, responded to posts on discussions and wall. Posted regional and national events and updated multi-media. Doubled Facebook “Likes” in the first six months of strategy implementation.
- Coordinated with the Marketing, Customer Experience, Customer Care, and Sales departments to maximize customer engagement via Social Media.
- Strategically used Social Media assets and traditional Media to execute SEO strategy.
- Created, analyzed, and adjusted Social Media strategy based on weekly social media report. Utilized TruPulse to create innovative new trending reports that analyzed customer sentiment and customer interest based on the volume of online chatter.
- Collaborated with Corporate and regional Public Relations teams to develop and execute their respective Social Media strategies.
- Collaborated with marketing team to produce 2010 Boost Mobile Super Bowl Advertisement. Instrumental in guiding the external marketing agency’s Social Media strategy for the ad. Engaged online community directly after the ad was aired, responded to feedback via Facebook and Twitter. Produced sentiment and volume analysis of the Super Bowl ad using TruPulse.
Social Media and Public Relations Specialist
April 2006 — August 2008
- Researched and implemented “New Media” opportunities, including blogging, online community creation, podcasts, and webcast campaigns. Responsible for training peers and management on newest developments.
- Authored first social media press releases, set template and standard for entire public relations team.
- Developed Brand Advocacy Program (Quest’s Association of SQL Server Experts) and promoted notable SQL Server experts by arranging for speaking and byline opportunities. Commissioned white papers and technical briefings for Quest products.
- Created and executed annual public/analyst relations campaigns that outlined product launches, company news, award opportunities, trade shows, product reviews and speaking opportunities.
- Managed lists of award and speaking opportunities and reviewed and submitted applications.
- Authored and distributed Press Releases to targeted Media for maximum coverage.
- Presented abstracts and case studies to technical and vertical magazines for publication.
- Arranged and facilitated meetings between executives and editors/analysts including media interviews at tradeshows such as Oracle OpenWorld, Microsoft’s TechEd, PASS, IBM-IOD and Collaborate.
- Coordinated with external PR agency (Greenough Communication) to maximize effectiveness of product launches, events and trade shows. Managed the team on all Public Relations related to Database Management tools.
Public Relations Associate
June 2005 — March 2006
Assisted in Public Relations strategy for 5 products spanning Java, C/C++, SOA, Web Services and .Net.
- Pitched abstracts to key editors for publications. Topics included latest developments in Java, automated testing, and best practices for managing testing.
- Created and maintained lists of editorial contacts in several industries.
- Tracked all media coverage from Press Releases and editorial meetings.
- Arranged and moderating meetings with executives and editors for all company news as well as meetings at industry trade shows.
Southern Utah University