September 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Web Portals Implementation Associate at SilkRoad
Executive Assistant to four high-level tax partners, including group's lead tax partner
• Coordinate administrative support to four executive Deloitte Tax partners, including day-to-day meeting planning, expense reimbursement and client responsibilities.
• Compose and edit written communications and presentations for internal and external clients. Proofread partner drafted documents to ensure accuracy of information and timeliness of response.
• Developed a digital invoicing and engagement letter process within group. The new procedure saves paper, administrative time and has led to more prompt payment from clients.
• Coordinate with vendors, plan social events and meetings for 100+ people and track expenditures and budgets.
• Plan and book extensive domestic and international travel as well as coordination of visas.
• Organize approximately five monthly group meetings and trainings, track responses and order catering.
• Created an Adobe PDF training manual for other executive assistants.
• Serve as a technical resource within the group, namely in Microsoft Office applications and firm financial software.
Completed Master's Degree in June 2013 with final GPA 3.925/4.0.
New Media Studies is an interdisciplinary program focusing on web design and development, human computer interaction, web content, social media, rhetoric and graphic design/theory.
During my graduate studies, I chose to focus on a technical path of study.
NMS 503-Principles of Graphic Design
NMS 502-New Media, Old Media
NMS 504-Text and Image
NMS 509-Mobile Web App Development (HTML5 and CSS3)
NMS 509-Social Media Marketing
NMS 509-Web Content Management (WordPress)
HCI 470-Digital Page Formatting
HCI 406-Web Design
IT 432-Web Architecture (Ruby on Rails)
NMS 505-Portfolio Capstone
Course Work Highlights:
• Designed and coded brochure website for letterpress printing business, www.basculepress.com. Designed contemporary website graphics in Adobe Fireworks and Illustrator, wrote site content to reflect persona of the brand, and conducted user testing.
• Actualize WordPress website for Content Management System course. Learned about various plugins and selected the best options for use in my site.
• Developed animated banner ad campaign in Adobe Flash/ActionScript for a fictional client.
• Worked in an agile team environment to develop a Ruby on Rails application, BeerMe. We utilized GitHub, Heroku and Google Docs to create a functioning application for craft beer fans. My role was to complete user testing, interpret results and document suggested changes, content development and completion of final presentation documents.
• Identified and resolved data integrity issues for 1500 employees, utilizing PeopleSoft and routine audits.
• Completion of weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc query reporting.
• Processed changes in PeopleSoft, including new hires, pay rate changes, and personal data changes.
• Created and maintained all employee active and termination files as well as I-9 and immigration documentation follow-up (H-1B, I-20).
• Project team member on PeopleSoft 8.9 upgrade, including testing support.
• Teamed with Payroll to process wage garnishments in accordance with legal guidelines.