Project HOPE Health Specialist / Sexual Health Peer Educator
October 2011 — Present
▪Outreach to Deaf people within the City of Boston by outreach and awareness activities in community settings, and through writing online articles and producing ASL vlogs (www.youtube.com/ProjHOPE).
▪ Develop and provide Deaf-accessible workshops on topics related to HIV/AIDS, STIs, viral hepatitis, and substance abuse with a focus on sex education and risk reduction.
▪ Conduct one-on-one and small group health education on HIV/AIDS, STIs, viral hepatitis, and substance abuse.
▪ Collaborate with health and medical service providers to identify individuals who can benefit from HIV/AIDS, STIs, viral hepatitis, pregnancy and substance abuse prevention education, and advocate for accessible services.
▪ Provide supported referrals to facilitate access to testing for HIV/AIDS, STIs, and viral hepatitis.
▪ Prepare written reports and other documentary evidence related to services provided.
▪ Create and develop Deaf-accessible brochures related to HIV/AIDS, STIs, viral hepatitis, and substance abuse.
▪ Co-coordinate annual Health Fair and AIDS Walk events.