Having a flexible schedule is pretty much the modern work dream. Flexible schedule jobs are the second-most desired type of flexible work option (73 percent of job seekers). In fact, flexible schedules are far more popular than partial telecommuting (49 percent), part-time hours (48 percent), and freelancing (44 percent). So which companies will give you this amazing new life? Luckily FlexJobs looked at over 40,000 companies and found that these companies offered the best flex work schedules.
There are actually 6 types of flex work schedules.
- Completely flexible schedule (set your own hours)
- Alternative schedule (work outside a traditional 9-to-5 schedule)
- Compressed workweek (work 40 hours in four days)
- Results-only work environment (ROWE)
- Split shift (working two blocks of hours with a long break in between, such as 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.—long break—7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Flex time (shift the start or end of the workday but hours remain consistent and concurrent)
These are the top 30 companies offering those types of schedules, but here is the full list.
- Haynes & Company
- Kelly Services
- California Closets
- State of Florida
- Net Transcripts
- Hello Innovation – HI
- Youth Advocate Program – YAP
- Cactus Communications
- VIP PetCare
- Achieve Test Prep
- Direct Interactions
- Connections Education
- Delegate Solutions
- Robert Half