Where exactly do you fall on the spectrum of “Help! I need career advice!” ?
As it turns out, there are quite a lot of resources out there for the young female professional trying to get a grip on her career strategy and trajectory. Here at Levo, our one objective is to get you on the road towards getting the job you dream of and becoming the woman you want to become. So we thought, “Why not create a guidebook to all of the career resources on the Web for our users?” And so we’re compiling Levo Love List.
What’s the Levo Love List?
Levo wants to create the ultimate list of websites that provide career support, strategy, and insight to young female professionals. Since we’re acutely aware that life as a young female professional often involves spending much time online, we’re turning to the experts for help: you!
Whether you’re stalking your friends on Facebook, drooling over food porn, or surfing for online sales daily, we believe that no day is complete without one-on-one time with your favorite website. Even for the most dedicated, and hard-working amongst us, everyone needs a break once in awhile.
Go ahead and ask yourself the following questions…
- How did you get your latest position at your workplace?
- What did you decide to wear to your first client meeting? Or last weekend’s BBQ?
- How did you deal with your latest breakup?
- Where can you spend hours on end drooling over cinnamon roll recipes?
Odds are good that the Internet provided you with at least a few of these answers. The Levo League recognizes and appreciates that our users gain advice from, are involved on – and sometimes even procrastinate on (what?)– a plethora of websites. We, as a League, aim to be an agent of community– and in that role, we want to make it our business to bring these resources together to elevate one another.
Here are the criteria that we’ll be using to develop our Levo Love List:
1. Editorial quality: How well are the articles presented to you? How well was the article written?
2. Advice quality: What do you gain from reading the content on this site?
3. Information architecture: How easy is it to navigate around and access content on the site?
4. Aesthetic design: What does the website look like?
5. Community size: Is this a resource that impacts many women’s lives?
Have a site that needs to go on our Levo Love List? Here’s everything you need to know:
1. Put your hat in the ring: Add your suggested Levo Love List sites in the comments section below.
2. Tweet long and prosper! The more you tweet and encourage your friends and loved ones to tweet (@levoleague and @ the Twitter handle of your beloved site) the more aware we’ll be of your favorite site! (ex.: I just added @hercampus to @levoleague’s Levo Love List!)
3. One for the Facebook, Two for the Road! Share this article on your Facebook page to let your friends in on our growing community!
We are accepting site suggestions from this Wednesday, July 11th, to next Wednesday, July 18th.
With your help, you can be an agent of community and help Levo to inform and support more young women than ever before!