Starting a side hustle is the biggest career trend of 2015. But how do you get started? And can it really be lucrative? We’re here to help. Below, 10 ways to launch a rewarding side hustle:
1. Tons of Millennials have successfully started a business outside of their 9-to-5 (like opening an irresistible Etsy shop!). From motivational speaking to being a day-of wedding coordinator, the options are endless.
2. Know your worth. If you’re unsure, here are four ways to find out if your rates are aligned with the work you produce.
3. Being your own boss can lead to a wealth of productivity-boosting secret weapons like these awesome life hacks.
4. If you’re feeling guilty about how much time you’re spending on your side hustle, realize that having one can actually make you better at your full-time job.
5. Craft an eye-catching elevator pitch. It’s your ticket to presenting yourself in the best way possible (and gaining clients who really believe in your idea).
6. It’s OK if things don’t always run smoothly. There will be bumps in the road, but just know you’re not alone.
7. Replace unproductive, unfulfilling activities with meaningful work. Cut out cable, workout in the morning, and prioritize your passion project.
8. Adopt a friends’ circle of other entrepreneurs, or just befriend model Karlie Kloss.
9. Embrace the freedom of making your own schedule, and stick to it. Only your fellow side hustlers will understand the excitement (and exhaustion) of being your own boss.
Once you’ve successfully launched your side hustle, it might be time to make it your full-time job. Good news: there’s a Levo Guide to teach you how to do just that. Check out “From Side Hustle to Full-Time Job” to learn everything you need to know about turning your passion into your paycheck.
Photo: picturegarden / Getty Images