Disclaimer: I am not a SoulCycle diehard. I’m a runner by trade, but when I happen to check the SoulCycle website and there is a Beyoncé-themed class, well, who can resist? Last week, while I was pedaling to the sweet sound of a Beyoncé/Nicki Minaj mashup, I had a thought. I’d been pumping myself up non-stop to make it through each 45-second push that definitely went way beyond 45 seconds, praying to the Spinning Gods that my sweaty rear would not slip and fall off the bike itself. And I realized—it’s so easy to pump yourself up when you’re pushing through a workout class, why can’t we be that self-positive in real life? So, behold, an honest list of things I’ve thought to myself during SoulCycle that I hope we can all say to ourselves during a tough day at the office—and IRL in general:
1. I’m going to sit in the front row because I’m feeling really good about myself today. Seat booked. Now to find yoga pants that aren’t see-through in the back.
2. You can do this. You can do this. You’ve got this. Thank you, Ellie Goulding!
3. [Typically said three fourths of the way through “The Hill”] You’re a mother f***ing beast.
4. [Said during the weights portion of the class] Did you remember to shave your armpits today? Congratulations, you did. #itsthelittlethings #grateful
5. Showing up is half the battle. Or so says this very perky instructor who is wearing a leather crop top over her perfect abs.
6. Just accept my resting b*tch face. Because this “push” has been going on forever.
7. Maybe my sopping wet hair makes me look like a Sports Illustrated supermodel? Maybe? Because it’s dark in here and all?
8. If you fall off this bike, you *will* suck it up and get right back on.
9. At the end of this, there will be wine.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Photo: SoulCycle / Facebook