As in ASAP. This week, we’re featuring the five books to read in your 20s. Enjoy!
5 Books to Read in Your 20s
1. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg ($16, amazon.com)
A Levo mentor and Facebook’s COO, Sandberg spurred a national conversation when she examined why women still don’t have a powerful voice in the modern workplace. A must-read for women of all ages, Sandberg offers compelling, common sense solutions to empower women to achieve their full potential by supporting each other and leaning in.
2. Bossypants by Tina Fey ($9, amazon.com)
No matter what T. Swift says, we love Tina Fey for battling her way to the top of a predominantly male profession, while remaining the smart, uncompromising woman she has always been and leaving us out of breath from laughing along the way. Her hilariously self-deprecating memoir teaches us to embrace ourselves for who we are and how to eviscerate our haters with our own success.
3. 20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman’s Guide to Balance and Direction by Christine Hassler ($10.50, amazon.com)
Levo Office Hours guest speaker, Christine Hassler, offers guidance to 20-somethings as they navigate their personal and professional life sans-parental security blanket. Although Hassler’s book provides key practical advice and exercises, this is not your mother’s self-help book. Get ready for some major “ah ha” moments. (Watch Christine Hassler’s Office Hours!)
4. Zen and the Art of Happinessby Chris Prentiss ($10, amazon.com)
A Levo office favorite, Prentiss invites us to re-examine how we think and feel in order to create happiness and fulfillment in our life.
5. Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl – A Woman’s Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationshipby Sherry Argov ($12.50, amazon.com)
“Bitch (noun): A woman who won’t bang her head against the wall obsessing over someone else’s opinion—be it a man or anyone else in her life.” Argov’s argument is not that you need to be abrasive in your relationship, but rather be the same empowered, confident women in your relationship as you are in your successful career.
Sign up for Levo’s Weekly Email to get the best career advice from the week sent right to your inbox.
Photo: Getty Images