Director, Network Operations and Technical Support
January 2007 — November 2011
- Led the global network and technical support teams
- Built e-commerce infrastructure with focus on scalability, stability, and security.
- Cut costs and improved operational efficiencies through advanced technology implementation and streamlining/automating processes.
- Ensured mission critical e-commerce websites were highly available, increased uptime from 95% to over 99.99% using fault-tolerant load balanced architecture.
- Managed multi-departmental budget, including forecasting.
- Replaced on-premise CRM product with SAAS based solution.
- Created and implemented business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Introduced process automation tools to increase efficiencies in asset management, systems lifecycle management, change control management, and patch management.
- Developed department SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Introduced 2-factor authentication for mobile devices.
- Reduced annual hardware expenditures by 75% through use of virtualization technology.
- Generated 30% annual savings through multiple vendor negotiations procuring hardware, software, and services.
- Eliminated e-commerce outages caused by infrastructure failures by redesigning and relocating data center.
- Designed and implemented disaster recovery solution
- Increased operational efficiency by more than 35% by deploying various network enhancing technologies, including WAN accelerators, SSL VPN, load balancers, backup-to-disk and site-to-site data replication.
- Implemented and configured SalesForce CRM
- Created videoconferencing solution which included live streaming and archive retrieval.
- Implemented IDS/IPS managed solution, BGP, OSPF, QOS/COS, MPLS, and VLAN’s.