National Health Service
Clinical Psychologist (Trainee)
September 2011 — Present
• Assessed + treated clients presenting with a variety of mental health difficulties across a range of ethnicities, ages and NHS trusts in London, with a focus on mindfulness and an eclectic orientation.
• Achieved zero drop-out rates in three services—described by supervisors to be “very rare”—and a total of one drop-out in two years. Positive outcomes with all completed clients, rated highly on competence, warmth and effectiveness.
• Developed proficiency in administering standardised assessments
COMMUNITY LEARNING DISABILITIES TEAM, outer London (systemic, psychodynamic)
• Treated clients concerning anger management, bereavement, walking, self-esteem and relationships. Clients’ learning disabilities stemmed from both biological causes (Fragile X, Down’s Syndrome) and neglect. Clients reported being much happier with themselves and more confident in managing their difficulties.
• Organised + trained care home staff in supporting service users with dementia. Received excellent ratings.
• Collaborated with external agencies, care homes and multidisciplinary team. Rated highly by collaborators—“You’ve done an excellent job”, “I have great respect for the work you’ve been doing”
• Implementing behavioural program (toileting and cigarette pica) with Challenging Needs Service, training under Board Certified Behavioural Analyst.
IAPT SERVICE, central London, 1 year (CBT, mindfulness, compassion)
• Treated higher-functioning adult clients concerning panic, anger, jealousy, musophobia, suicide and depression following signiﬁcant career loss. Clients reported that they felt more confident about themselves and able to take on the challenges that life presents; much more at peace than they had felt for a long time; and proud of themselves for conquering longstanding fears.
• Assessed clients for service eligibility + liaised with different services for referrals
• Presented complex cases in team meetings.
• Received excellent feedback on service satisfaction scores.