National Autistic Society
May 2012 — January 2015
Supporting adults with Autism and Asperger's syndrome.
* Providing support with personal care to service users within an eight bedded residential unit. Assisting with day to day tasks such as cooking, cleaning and personal hygiene. Using the company vehicles provided to transport the residents to appointments, days out and holidays, both in groups and on a one to one basis depending on the level of care required.
* Administering individuals medications in accordance with the homes policies and procedures.
* Building strong, individual relationships with all residents in order to gain trust and security.
* The main goals being to provide the skills to encourage the residents to eventually live independently and access facilities within the community, ensuring a safe and secure environment. Assessing individual needs using a person centred approach. Recognising behavioural changes in an effort to understand any underlying issues that may not be apparent.
* Liaising with co workers and managers over issues that may have arisen during the previous shift to ensure a smooth handover. Reporting and documenting accidents and incidents within the strict policies and procedures set out within the companies guidelines and CQC.
* Covering a variety of shifts including days, working nights, weekends and sleep overs in order to fulfil the needs of both the service user and the company and provide flexibility.
* Adhering to the company Health and Safety policy and resident confidentiality at all times.