Park Rapids Avionics
February 2007 — Present
1) Inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs avionics equipment, such as radar, radio, pulse, navigation, auto pilot, and compass systems, installed in aircraft using handtools and test equipment: Inspects components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
2) Tests avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness, using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
3) Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective components based on analysis of test results, following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents, using handtools.
4) Calibrates installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
5) Adjusts frequencies of radio sets by signaling ground station and turning setscrews.
6) possess Radiotelephone License issued by Federal Communications Commission.
7) accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and to determine and record required post-flight repair work.
8) sign overhaul documents for equipment replaced or repaired.
9) oversee training and installs produced by new technicians