New York City Human Rights Commission
Deputy Commissioner, Community Relations Bureau
July 2015 — Present
- Senior manager responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of the Community Relations Bureau.
- Key architect and catalyst behind the Agency's efforts to engage the Arab and Muslim communities to utilize the Agency’s community relations services as well as bring discriminatory harassment cases to the Commission.
- Develop new bureau organizational chart through the creation of new positions and restructuring of current positions while leading process to expand head count by 35%.
- Build strategic partnerships with sister agencies and CBOs for the purposes of expanding existing programs and the developing new programs for various commission stakeholders.
- Cultivate relationships with City Council, Borough Presidents and other agencies as well as advise the Commissioner on proposed legislation.
Created interagency working groups to develop training and outreach materials for key constituent groups.
- Supervise and Coordinate all staff travel to bureau offices in all five boroughs.
- Collaboratively worked with Department of Citywide Administrative Services to pack, design, fit-out, relocate and construct new office location.