Career connections, networking, public speaking, sharing my love of travel and cross-cultural discovery.
Global Communications and Public Relations
San Francisco, Other
I create communications and public relations that tell the story of how technology is impacting people and the planet.
"You must do the things you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt
I would love to put my communications skills to use in a way that truly impacts the community for social change.
Global Communications and Public Relations
August 2012 — Present
-Leads external and internal communications for Dell’s Corporate Responsibility programs
-Manages relationship with agency contact supporting external PR for corporate responsibility
-Project managed launch of intrasite for Dell team members, aligning Dell’s Purpose messaging and People strategy and creating an interactive and engaging portal for team members to share how they are living Dell’s purpose.
-Provides strategic counsel and communications support for Corporate Responsibility activities
-Partners with Dell's Global Giving, Sustainability and Diversity/Inclusion teams to develop end-to-end communications strategies and implementation plans
-Partners with HR and other functional teams to develop communications framework
-Develops and executes 360-degree communications strategies for both Dell and target company stakeholders
-Independently develops and implements comprehensive communications strategies/roadmap, messaging frameworks and timelines under changing deadlines
-Recognized as an authority and thought leader in Corporate Responsibility communications and change management
-Responsible for obtaining core content and positioning from senior leaders to ensure accurate and strategic communications
-Identifies opportunities and highlights risks; provides regular counsel and advise to senior leadership as appropriate
Marketing Programs Project Manager, Large Enterprise Marketing
• Regional Lead for the Marketing Talent & Capabilities Team Ambassadors Program; manages ambassador goals & communications for Marketing T&C activities.
• Developed comprehensive events planning process for North America; leads content & logistical planning for regional FMM-led events around Enterprise technologies.
• Developed and implemented post-events metrics for FMM-led events. Created a dashboard for weekly review by Executive Leadership.
• Led Tell Dell project, managed 5 teams to implement action items from Tell Dell results.
• Created LEA Marketing Onboarding; managed onboarding team for content development & internal comms launch. Available via MyLearning & Marketing Portal.
• Develops and communicates bimonthly calendar featuring events, lead and demand generation programs across regions.
• Develops career training program for FMMs & Brand Managers.
• Advises FMMs on internal & external comms promoting Thought Leadership.
• Develops and communicates biweekly marketing communications siting key projects, team members, and alignment news across the Americas.
• Aligns Program Owners from across Consumer marketing to communicate all events, demand gen. and lead gen programs for a biweekly marketing update to sales leaders.
• Communicates and manages project goals and requirements and serve as the point of contact across different cross functional teams regarding project specifics, requirements, timelines, deliverables, and project details and reports.
• Track projects and BI to demonstrate progress, risks, impact, and success.
• Align with executives and team members on initiatives and analytical data connected key components.
• Manages communications across Dell business units and teams and ensure full alignment and support across the full project lifecycle.
• Certified to communicate via social media as a representative of Dell.
• Leads Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Winning Culture group.
Children of All Nations
February 2010 — September 2010
• Oversaw content for press releases, sponsorship letters and promotional materials.
• Developed and conducted power points for Webinars.
• Oversaw content for email promotions via Constant Contact and monthly newsletters.
• Developed and managed web content for Children of All Nation’s various websites including www.icanwaitingchild.org, www.childrenofallnaitons.com, www.inviteyoutochina.org, www.emwconference.org
• Managed the social network updates for CAN, ICAN Legacy Journey, Beyond Borders International Adoption Conference, and Great Wall China Adoption.
• Networked with media to secure coverage on various projects and events.
• Communicated diplomatically with foreign governments to develop a successful and communicative relationship with the agency.
• Interacted with clients to ensure satisfaction and understanding with CAN’s various projects.
• Negotiated contracts with representatives in-country.
• Developed and implemented humanitarian aide in foreign countries, including Library of Love building project in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Yuncheng, China.
• Project Management for the planning and execution of the Beyond Borders International Adoption Conference in San Antonio.
• Project Management for the launch of ICAN.
• Managed the planning and implementation of Great Wall’s 10th annual Beyond Borders International Adoption Conference, including event planning and development of conference sessions.
Target Training Services
July 2007 — September 2009
• Designed and developed successful communications courses including “Professional Public Speaking” and “Communicating Effectively.”
• Oversaw sales and marketing implementation plan.
• Provided consultations on Power Point presentation and Interview skills.
• Developed & marketed courses aimed at Oman’s government and business sector.
• Designed courses to include cultural issues relevant in Oman.
• Provided speechwriting consultations to Oman’s business sector and government agencies.
• Designed a successful sales approach for marketing the products and services of TTS.
• Developed and expanded an effective marketing plan for Target Training Services while addressing Oman’s unique and challenging advertising environment.
• Successfully grew business and networks within the target market of TTS.
May 2006 — June 2007
• Responsible for reporting breaking news, choosing relevant news content, writing and editing news stories in the fast-paced news room environment of WLOX, a local ABC affiliate.
• Responsible for arranging newscast to insure local, national and international stories are covered for viewing audience.
• Produced 6 o’clock and 10 o’clock news weeknights. Produced 5:30, 10 o’clock news weekends.
• Web producer for wlox.com during weekend news.
• Field producer for WLOX News specials including “Katrina: One Year Later” and Mardi Gras coverage 2007.
• Maintained an excellent relationship with reporters, directors and camera crew to effectively develop a fast-paced and hard-hitting newscast.
May 2005 — July 2005
• Served as a traveling English teacher in the jungles of northeast Thailand.
• Developed an English program to communicate basic English skills to children in the surrounding villages.
• Traveled to villages in the Sisaket province to implement the English program.
University of Southern Mississippi
Bachelors of Arts, Broadcast Journalism