Assistant Logistics Coordinator
June 2012 — December 2012
• Provide day-to-day operational support to the Logistics Manager.
• Assisted with all Exports, Imports and Cross-trade consignments.
• Ensure that all consignments shipped globally adhere to the necessary Export/Import Controls and Customs Regulations.
• Liaising with Internal Departments, HMRC (Revenue and Customs), BIS (Dept. of Business. Innovation and Skills) and various Freight Forwarders as and when required.
• Oversee the daily activities of the Goods-In Department.
• Ensured shipping documentation is completed correctly.
• Manage the process for Shipping from the initial request, booking, raising paperwork, chasing deliveries, checking invoices and general filing.
• Ensure that all global Export/ Import Controls are adhered to by all parties involved in moving equipment around the world.
• Identified the shipment and applying the most appropriate Custom Procedure.
• Classified the equipment being shipped and applying the correct Commodity Code to ensure that Duty and Taxes are paid at the correct rates.
• Assessing and prioritising the activities carried out within the Goods-In Department.
• General office administrational duties.