Assistant Manager Trainee
June 2017 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Big-Box Store Retail Manager with Background in Beauty and Skin Care. Licensed Full Specialist for six years. Five years of high-volume retail experience. Four years of progressive managerial experience. Currently pursing B.S. Business Administration.
• Provided excellent customer service;
• Treated every customer as an individual.
• Assisted customers in locating merchandise.
• Remained knowledgeable regarding all areas of the store.
• Recommended additional products to meet customers’ needs.
• Practiced the Three Foot Rule (acknowledging anyone within three feet.)
• Learned about the different products available, as to be confident while serving customers.
• Remained aware of promotions going on in the store and made sure customers were also aware.
• Maintained a properly merchandised department;
• Maintained features (displays.)
• Zoned (organized) the department.
• Ensured that merchandise was properly signed and priced.
• Helped to maximize sales (and customer satisfaction) by keeping shelves replenished.
• Helped promote this fine arts festival by contacting art schools, colleges, universities and elsewhere to find artists interested in participating.
• Created social network fan pages to further help promote the festival.
• Before and during the festival, helped with setting-up the artist booths.
• Checked-in artists and helped them find their booths as well as answering any questions they had concerning the festival.
• Prepared food neatly, accurately, and in a timely way.
• Demonstrated a complete understanding of menu items and explained it to guests accurately.
• Understood and adhered to proper safety and sanitization standards; maintained a clean and pleasant store environment.
• Greeted and served guests while exhibiting a cheerful and helpful manner and providing prompt and courteous customer service.
• Handled and processed paperwork. Accounted for cash flow and inventory during shift. Checked products and restocked items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout shift.
• Used Point of Sale system/cash register to record orders, collected payment from guests and made change; handled all types of store transactions for products and services.
• Collected information and data from the public.
• Met daily with supervisor to review and submit work, and receive additional instructions.
• Maintained records of hours worked, units produced, miles driven, quality control results, and expenses incurred in the performance of duties.
• Planned work by reviewing assignment area to determine organization of neighborhoods and locate households for conducting interviews.
• Conducted interviews with residents in assigned areas by following stringent guidelines and confidentiality laws. Explained the purpose of the census interview, answered residents' questions, elicited information following a script, and recorded census data on forms.