Senior Apparel Development and Production Manager
April 2015 — Present
• Create and implement cross-functional process & procedure to support brand growth.
• Constructively contribute to sourcing/business strategy, marketing and growth initiative plans.
• Develop and nurture strategic external partnerships to optimize development timeline.
• Drive IMU growth target goal of 10% points between FW15 and RS16 via cost savings initiatives.
• Manage vendor matrix and secure new vendors/agents in line with cost and aesthetic needs.
• Seasonal domestic & international development/production for all woven & knit apparel product.
• Manage all New York Garment center projects with patternmakers, sewing rooms and artisans.
• Negotiation and analysis of seasonal costing as per management goals.
• Create and monitor bulk time & action calendars in conjunction with production partners.
• In conjunction with Design source & develop embroideries, embellishment techniques and fabrics.
• Daily correspondence and weekly meetings with Domestic US and Asia vendors.
• Forecast and optimize use of seasonal development, fittings, travel and bulk production budgets.
• Secure all bulk production fabric, trim and garment materials for bulk manufacturing.
• HK / China travel for vendor factory visits and meetings during in-season production as necessary.
• Co-Manage, develop and support career growth of the Development & Technical Designer.
• Creation and maintenance of the "Development and Production Procedures Manual" issued to all
vendors, production partners and cross-functional team members.