Web Content Project Management Intern
June 2015 — Present
athenahealth is a highly innovative, rapidly growing company that provides cloud-based services for electronic health records, revenue cycle management, patient engagement, care coordination, and population health management; their mission is to create the internet of healthcare.
The Web Content team is responsible for telling the athena story through their website. As an intern for the Web Content Project Manager, I have been tasked with owning and managing various projects who's outputs immediately impact the public-facing website. This has required me to meticulously track, schedule, and oversee production to meet extremely tight deadlines that often times align with various nationwide healthcare initiatives (Such as ICD-10 and Meaningful Use). My day to day tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Managing the maintenance and redesign of the athenahealth Marketplace
• Researching competitors and best-in-class eCommerce websites regularly
• Condensing and compiling competitor information, and presenting it to leadership with recommendations for how to implement a better user experience in our own upcoming web page redesigns
• Planning, scheduling, and following up with next steps after meetings related to Web Content projects
• Building out thorough timelines to include all necessary teams, development, and assets necessary for the project to flow smoothly
• Conducting damage control when projects encounter speed bumps
• Gathering content that will be added to the Content Management System (CMS)
• Working in Sitecore CMS to help with general website upkeep and maintenance
• Capturing meeting notes that accurately summarize in depth brainstorming sessions for future website development
• Learning and conversing in appropriate technical and healthcare-related jargon
...and much, much more. The most challenging, yet exciting aspect of this role is the constant change and collaboration that occurs within the walls of athenahealth!