@td curran Apple Specialist
October 2013 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Product Professional at TD Curran Apple Specialist & Marketing Student at Western Washington University
Reporting on events and activities of Barnes & Noble College Bookstores throughout the nation through online publication.
Maintaining and designing pricing sheets using Adobe InDesign for a local seafood distribution company.
• Developed and implemented an event marketing campaign for Campus Special coupon books and downloads of the Campus Special Mobile App
• Hired and trained a team of 8 students for on-campus promotion, building brand awareness and assisting with the distribution of 14,000 coupon books
• Analyzed results of operation to discover more efficient ways of promoting the product on campus
• Reported directly to the National Distribution Manager and submitted daily written reports
• Ranked in the top 15% out of 600 Account Executives nationwide in 2013
• Sold $27,856 in total revenue during Summer 2013
• Created a new market for Campus Special by successfully marketing advertisement space in student targeted coupon books, online, digital, and mobile media
• Led sales team to a 2nd place finish out of 40 total new markets
• Initiated and solidified new & existing client relationships with 27 local business owners
• Participated in sales meetings, provided written reports, and attended companywide conference calls
• Managed portfolio of clients, set up meetings, signed contracts, provided customer service, handled accounts receivables, and met production deadlines
• Mastered new product information, demonstrated excellent communication skills
• Reported on student life, current events and the Associated Students of Western Washington University in the weekly student publication, The AS Review.
• Generated story ideas, met production deadlines, coordinated and communicated with on-campus departments, clubs, offices and community organizations.
• Seasonal. Assisted in retail sales of school-spirited merchandise during the annual Washington State University football game in Seattle on behalf of WSU's bookstore, the Bookie.
• Conducted transactions and assisted with customer service.
• Fulfilled various back-of-house duties including food preparation, quality assurance and proper cleaning and sanitation.
• Experienced in food preparation techniques involving grill, fry and sauté cooking.
Fulfilled numerous roles including food preparation, food service, back-barring, reservation management, minor golf course maintenance and customer service for a local golf course.