Assistant Director, Career Development Center
September 2014 — Present
- Advises students regarding major selection, career and portfolio development, job-search preparation and job/internship strategies, and graduate school preparation, including application and marketing a graduate degree.
- Designs and conducts presentations on aspects of career development to various campus populations
- Coordinates events regularly throughout the course of the academic year, specifically 3 part-time job fairs
- Conducts employer relations efforts for Part-time Student Employment and Internships with current and new employers
- Assists with Employer Relations, recruitment programs, and activities on a local, regional, and national level.
- MBTI® Certified Practitioner
- Strong Interest Inventory® Certified Practitioner.
RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR (February 2015 - December 2015)
- Planned, coordinated, and facilitated large-scale career and internship fair events
- Increased Fall 2015 Career and Internship Fair revenue by $56,000 and student attendance by 22%.
- Managed existing employer relationships and cultivated new employer partners
- Scheduled and coordinated on-campus employer recruiting visits
- Advised corporate recruiters on campus recruiting strategies
- Managed online MyJobs career services management system
CAREER SERVICES COORDINATOR (September 2014 - February 2015)
- Managed, trained, and scheduled team of six student hourly employees.
- Served as Scheduling Officer.
- Coordinated purchasing in conjunction with Fiscal Officer.
- Managed and approved payroll.
- Recruited employers to build partnerships between companies and students.