Design and Development Assistant
January 2015 — Present
This has been an incredibly dynamic role, growing alongside a fast growing company in which I was initially one of six, to being one of more than twenty.
My main role encompasses:
- Assisting the knitwear designer with all aspects of design and development for all knitted products
- Developing interactive designs for Internal Collection from initial research and sketching through to sampling and prototyping.
- Creating designs and developing garments for external collaborators, including pieces for Christopher Raeburn catwalk shows
- Programming STOLL Machines using M1 Plus
- Operating and Maintaining STOLL CMS Multigauge Machines.
- Assisting tech team by programming technical samples
- Sourcing yarn and overseeing stock
- Producing trend reports for knitwear and technology
- Prototyping and developing garment shapes through fit sessions
- Overseeing quality control of all garments during and post production
- Developing and implementing production flow system
- Training production staff in all aspects of making and finishing including steaming, linking and hand finishing