Dr. Sulaiman Al Habib
Assistant nurse/ Staff midwife
February 2009 — February 2014
Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria:
· Demonstrates ability of administering complete/partial resident baths. This would
include bath, oral care, dentures, Foley care, hair/nail care, shaving, bed making and
cleaning of utensils used.
· Assists in the toileting needs of the residents, records outputs accurately. Empties drainage collection devices and completes documentation of BM Book, toileting scheduling, Rehab and nourishments.
· Follows Facility protocol for admission documentation. Demonstrates skill in the nursing process. HIPAA Competency – Protects resident’s privacy by insuring resident charts or items with resident data with protected health information (PHI) are not left unattended or left opened.
· Demonstrates ability to read, understand and follow individual resident care plans.
Collaboration Performance Criteria
· Maintains harmonious relationship with unit and co-workers, providing support and assistance to co-workers to ensure quality resident care.examining and monitoring pregnant women
assessing care requirements/writing care plans
undertaking antenatal care in hospitals, homes and GP practices
carrying out screening tests
providing information, emotional support and reassurance to women and their partners
taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
caring for and assisting women in labour
monitoring and administering medication, injections and intravenous infusions during labour
monitoring the foetus during labour
advising about and supporting parents in the daily care of their newborn babies
helping parents to cope with miscarriage, termination, stillbirth and neonatal death