Pearson Learning Solutions
Director, Market Development and Strategy
September 2011 — Present
Your amazing online presence is right this way.Create your profile
Director, Market Development and Strategy at Pearson Learning Solutions
- Assess market opportunities for products, services and platforms for higher education institutions.
- Drive market strategy and development for institutional solutions.
- Led go-to-market for McGraw-Hill Campus, a digital resource platform, signing up over 100 institutions before general availability release in summer 2011.
Presentations delivered / scheduled:
- 2011 Penn State Teaching and Learning with Technology Symposium
- 2011 Pace University Faculty Symposium, Future of Publishing
- 2011 IMS Global Learning Consortium Learning Impact, Reimagining the Learning Experience through Mobile
- 2011 Sloan Consortium, 4th International Conference on Emerging Technologies for Online Learning (ET4OL)
- 2011 McGraw-Hill Campus Executive Briefing Series
Help higher education leaders understand how to improve student success using analytic technology, as co-leader of industry group identifying best practices.
Developed new programs, products, and policies to improve learning, increase access, and reduce costs.
Clients included Pearson Education, the Gates Foundation, the American Association of Publishers, Ingram Digital Ventures, Connect4Education, and others available upon request.
Helped companies and institutions thrive in the changing landscape for content, assessment and learning technology, drawing on the joint experience of leaders with experience in executive management, sales and marketing, and product strategy and management.
Clients included the California State University Digital Marketplace, CourseSmart, Bedford Freeman and Worth
Led product marketing, including both product strategy and go-to-market planning and execution, for Blackboard's outcomes assessment solution, the Blackboard Outcomes System and supporting services.
Member of founding executive team for leading online instructional support provider helping higher education institutions improve student achievement and improve student retention.
Authored business plan which attracted $6M in venture capital backing;
Led business development relationships including Houghton Mifflin and Thomson Learning, growing student use at >50% annually;
Initiated, structured and negotiated first BPO relationships for education in 2000 in the Philippines and India;
Closed first statewide tutoring contract with the State of Massachusetts and first online tutoring funded under federal Title I supplemental education services funds;
Strategy and policy consultant to private and public institutions, conducting economic and policy analysis to further client agendas.
Conducted market analysis (clinical research outsourcing), economic impact analysis, federal tax and economic policy analysis, and investment appraisal and analysis.