Babcock & Wilcox Canada, Ltd.
Life Cycle Engineer
May 2010 — Present
• Lead LCE engineer for multiple CANDU SG campaigns. Coordinated engineering efforts to supply timely assessments of ECT, UT and visual inspection results to the utility’s engineering group, responded to any emergent fitness-for-service issues, conceptualized and designed new sub-components and authored fitness-for-service results assessments.
• On-site LCE representative for multiple CANDU SG campaigns. Involved in inspection activities (visual inspections, post-removal tube inspections) and reporting, provided on-site dispositions of visual inspection results and general engineering guidance and support to component responsible engineers and inspection and maintenance technical personnel.
• Root cause team member focused on PWR SG support wear issues. Interacted directly with the customer and other consultants to develop the utility’s understanding of the wear affecting their steam generators.
Outage Preparation and Planning
• Prepared or reviewed life cycle management plans for multiple SG designs.
• Prepared/reviewed inspection and maintenance plans for multiple SG designs .
• Prepared scope instruction documents for inspection and maintenance activities such as tubesheet waterlancing, plug weld inspections, tube bundle inspections and steam drum inspections for multiple SG designs.
• Involved in the design, fabrication and qualification of profilometry tooling for the purposes of assessing flow accelerated corrosion.
• Involved in the design, fabrication and implementation of a water flow loop to mimic reactor shutdown flow conditions for weld overlay tooling design and development.
• Conceptualized and participated in the design of a SG primary head fix.
• Participated in the design, testing and validation of a new plug design for the purposes of diagnosing diodic leak prior to tube burst.