Chaara Fund Foundation
Co-founder & CEO
July 2012 — Present
Leadership and Strategy
- Maintaining the strategic focus in alignment with the organization’s mission
- Working closely with advisors to set strategic direction for the foundation.
- Developing and directing operations to realize the organization’s strategic goals
- Providing guidance and support for staff and volunteers (including overseeing staff, ensuring adherence to work plans and administering performance evaluations).
Social Business Model
- Focus on developing and implementing innovations and strategies that impact the purpose and profit for the foundation.
- Working with existing charitable organizations and donors to simplify the charitable landscape and make it easy to donate
Fundraising and Income Diversification
- Maintaining excellent relationship with funders and oversee implementation of grants, including seeking new grant opportunities and reporting on current grants.
- Managing the fiscal health of the foundation, including budgeting, setting and following financial controls, meeting revenue and expense targets while ensuring accurate reporting.
- Liaising with staff, contractors, and others to ensure proper financial management and budgeting throughout operations
Brand-Led Innovation and Community Relations
- Primary spokesperson for the foundation for media and at speaking engagements.
- Overseeing the development of the creative public communication materials (eg. annual report, website content, social media, movie trailers)