ICI Pakistan, Soda Ash Business
Assistant Manager Finance
December 2012 — Present
Reporting to the Finance Manager as well as managing a team of two, I am responsible for financial reporting (management and statutory), budgeting and forecasting. Major job responsibilities include:
• Monitoring the closing process of the business and reporting of financial results and their analysis to the senior executive management team and Corporate Headquarters.
• Preparation of commentaries, presentations, reports and other ad-hoc requirements on the business results.
• Preparation of rolling forecasts, budgets and commentaries and the monitoring of actual performance against these.
• Financial analysis of long term capital investments proposals and feasibility studies for diverse businesses opportunities.
• Product profitability analysis along with preparing product models to evaluate produce versus buy decisions.
• Financial Modeling for energy scenarios to evaluate gas versus furnace oil usage decisions.
• Ensuring compliance with group accounting policies and accounting standards through periodic review of accounting practices and to offer advice on their implications.
• Responsible for the oversight and implementation of AkzoNobel’s group wide assurance processes (SOX), based on global best practices. Additionally, to act as a bridge between the internal & external auditors and the business teams
• Mentoring of the finance trainees under the company’s "Financial Trainees Scheme".