Release Engineer Application Operations
August 2009 — Present
• Work closely with QA, DBAs and operations management to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements through automation, virtualization and tools development.
• Build and maintain a roadmap of those projects and deliver tools and other software that improves the performance, reliability and maintainability of Integration Environment.
• Monitor code branch lifecycles and branching strategy for multiple parallel release tracks.
• Work with engineering to develop internal tools for developers (deployment and productivity related).
• Design release scheduling with the help of the release coordinator.
• Work with QA to ensure a supportable testing system and help with debugging critical configuration issues.
• Review and collaborate on engineering designs for new site features.
• Troubleshoot, identify, and code issues/bug isolation when necessary.
• Communicate with cross functional teams i.e. Product/Engineering/Operations/Customer
• Work with white box QA engineer to improve code quality.
• Define workflow processes to improve overall release process efficiency.