September 2014 — Present
As part of The Jewish Federation's KOREH L.A. program, I support children's literacy through a variety of volunteer based and corporate-sponsored programs to ensure that all the children of Los Angeles can read and succeed. I facilitate the recruitment, training, placement and support of volunteer "Reading Partners" in LAUSD.
- Providing ongoing support for around 200 volunteers with phone calls, emails, and educational resources.
- Coordinating volunteer/student matches with 23 LAUSD partner schools.
- Networking in the local community to expand volunteer outreach and engagement practices.
- Researching, planning and implementing volunteer appreciation and enrichment events.
- Conducting school site visits to help strengthen partnerships and provide support.
- Maintaining database of volunteer and school information.
- Assisting in volunteer training and participating in Jewish Federation service days.
- Developing strong volunteer leadership infrastructure
- Managing KOREH L.A. corporate partnerships
- Managing social media accounts.