The intersection between education, healthcare, and technology.
San Francisco, CA
Marketing Program Manager
May 2013 — Present
Readyforce is a career network for college students. We are currently focused on engineering students, and have facilitated over 10,000 connections between students and companies. My role is to develop and manage acquisition programs to grow our marketplace.
Director of Communications
November 2012 — May 2013
Lead user research, program development, site messaging, user acquisition, and user engagement and retention analysis for pre-Olympiad mathematics students. Managed product changes that increased user activity for this cohort by 42%.
● Lead research and development of Brilliant Core Mathematics, a new program to increase engagement of a critical, new target demographic: pre-Olympiad mathematics students. Developed and ran surveys and interviews of 8 students. Resulted in the conception of the new pilot program. Supervised a content creation team of three and collaborated with the product and growth teams to develop and launch the program.
● Hone messaging and layout on the website to better communicate product benefits. Write positioning statements, collaborate with creative team on art, and implement new website pages with the in-house technical team.
● Developed company's first set of print marketing materials from concept to completion for the business development team and their business partners. Evaluated and selected external service providers for photography and printing, collaborated with the creative team, made recommendations on creative samples, and project managed multiple rounds of revisions. Managed relationships with external business partners and integrated their feedback. Delivered materials on time and under budget.
● Pitched and developed a story about Brilliant in Business Insider (24 million monthly unique visitors). Emphasized Brilliant's leadership position in attracting and engaging bright, academically driven students from around the world. Link to the full article below.
The University of Chicago Global Health Initiative
August 2010 — November 2012
● Project management: planned and executed a 5-day workshop in Gwagwalada, Nigeria in partnership with local organizing committee on the fundamentals of clinical research with over 65 participants and 8 resource persons.
● Brand development: conceptualized and directed renovation of marketing and communication materials, including website content and design, expanded social media channels, newsletters and fundraising material.
● Fundraising and partnerships: contributed to raising over $1.6 million dollars in grants, and foundation and personal gifts through generating content and cultivating donor relationships, in addition to managing funded projects.
● Research: assisted faculty with preparation and submission of grants, and provided research and editorial support for abstract submission and scholarly publications.
The University of Chicago, New York, Office of Alumni Relations and Development
Jeff Metcalf Summer Fellow
June 2009 — September 2009
● Researched and identified East Coast alumni donors for development projects and interest groups.
● Prepared briefing material for alumni visits, independently organized regional alumni events.
University of Chicago
AB, Biological Sciences